You have probably stayed at many a hotel in your life; you’ve fumbled with flimsy key cards, waited at the check-in desk for 20 minutes and endured noisy neighbors until all hours of the night.
Don’t let bad hotel experiences ruin your wanderlust. Instead, choosing a bed and breakfast next time you travel could be the best decision you’ve made in a long time. Here are five reasons why bed and breakfasts are better than hotels.
- You Get Breakfast. Many hotels don’t offer complimentary breakfast and if they do, they are usually very strict about when those breakfast hours are. A bed and breakfast will make sure that you are fed before you start your day of adventures. And the best thing is: It’s all home made!
- Closer to Attractions. Hotels and motels may boast that they are in the thick of all the tourist and site-seeing destinations, but there’s nothing better than staying at someone else’s cozy home in the middle of town.
- The Best Service. Staying at a bed and breakfast ensures that you’ll never have another bad customer experience again. Inn owners don’t have to deal with hundreds of customers and therefore each one that does come through their door gets treated to the fullest extent.
- You Can Meet Other People. Similar to a hostel, bed and breakfasts offer a great opportunity to meet fellow travelers. You’d be surprised that many who stay at inns are from other countries. Many times fellow travelers will go site seeing together or explore what the area has to offer.
- Better Rates. Why shell out a bunch of cash for a hotel that doesn’t offer the above benefits? Instead, pay less per night at a bed and breakfast, such as the Harbor Gardens Inn in Marblehead MA, and get more for your dollar. Booking off season will also ensure you get the lowest rates.